In this comprehensive report:
- Best practices for effectively managing your incubation program
- Insights from the most successful business models
- Strategies to build a sustainable and diversified revenue stream
- How to maximize value from limited operational budgets
- Proven tactics for acquiring top talent and boosting deal flow
- Models for screening and selecting great start-up clients
- Key opportunities and challenges for business incubators and accelerators
University-linked business incubators and accelerators continue to show their value and impact in the innovation ecosystems and the broader economy. This second volume of the 2018 Case Studies Report presents twelve additional incubation programs with an equally exceptional performance in the UBI Global World Benchmark Study 2017 – 2018. These programs excel in both their impact and performance relative to their global peers.
By considering Top incubation programs worldwide, it is possible to identify key qualities and strategies that allow Managers and Directors to steer their programs in a competitive and challenging environment and develop successful and sustainable business models.
Like their peers, who were highlighted in the first volume of this report, the featured top-performing business incubators and accelerators showcase the internationality of the business incubation phenomenon. In this report, we gain first-hand insights from incubation program managers and directors from Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Best Practices at University-linked business incubators and accelerators Vol.02 features 12 in-depth cases that tell the story behind the success of Top incubation programs and how they operate behind the scenes
In the second volume of this unique report, you’ll find detailed success stories and best practices from Top performing university-linked business incubation programs worldwide. This report features 12 in-depth studies detailing key strategies and insights from the world’s top university incubation managers. Each case study provides expert guidance broken down into four essential areas:
- Business Model – Viable revenue models, generating commercial revenue, the role of public funding, the role of stakeholders, and how to sustain a business model
- Operational Budget – How top business incubation programs spend their funds, extracting value from limited budgets, and how budget optimization affects the success of the program
- Business Incubation Management – Drivers of successful and effective management and key factors for running and managing a successful business incubation program
- Deal Flow and Talent – How to ensure a healthy deal flow, managing talent pipelines, attracting and screening great client startups, and the importance of managing the brand and the ecosystem
Discover the key figures about the impact and performance of the 12 featured incubation programs and quality tips to benefit your program
The featured incubation programs include 12 of the most successful university-linked programs in the world. With each featured program you’ll find:
- Program Profile – Including program background, statistics, overview, and key insights.
- Success Stories – Get the stories from two of the most exciting and successful client and alumni startups of each incubation program
- Interviews – Review the in-depth interviews with the CEOs and directors of the featured top university-linked incubation programs.
- Key Takeaways – You’ll receive a summary of key takeaways that you can incorporate into your own program.
- Benchmark Performances – Learn first-hand the business models of these Top university-linked incubators and accelerators and how they fare on the benchmark.
- Best Practices – Top incubator managers share their secrets, tips, solutions, and advice so you can adapt the best practices and ensure your incubation program becomes a Top performer too!
Best Practices at University-linked business incubators and accelerators Vol.02 is the newest edition of a one of a kind report, presenting key figures about the performance of each featured incubation program and detailed guidance from Top performing programs that readers can adapt to their own situation. No other resource will provide you with the quality or depth of information covered.
- DMZ – Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Entrepreneuriat Laval Inc. – Québec, Canada
- imec – Leuven, Belgium
- INiTS Universitäres Gründerservice Wien GmbH – Vienna, Austria
- IPN Incubadora – Coimbra, Portugal
- Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) – Los Angeles, California, United States
- MIDI Tecnológico – Florianópolis, Brazil
- Red de Incubadoras de la Universidad del Valle de Mexico – Mexico City, Mexico
- SETsquared – Bath, United Kingdom
- TEC Edmonton – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Uppsala Innovation Centre – Uppsala, Sweden
- YES!Delft – Delft, Netherlands
Quality insights from an innovation team specializing benchmarking business incubators and accelerators
Best Practices at University-linked business incubators and accelerators Vol.02 is the latest report on the strategies and operations of Top incubation programs from UBI Global, a pioneer in measuring and analyzing the impact and performance of university-linked business incubators and accelerators. Based in Stockholm Sweden and with an international research team, UBI Global seeks to help incubation programs become more efficient and competitive and to empower the development of next-generation entrepreneurs.
The author of the Best Practices at University-linked business incubators and accelerators Vol.02 is Holger Meyer, a Stockholm-based researcher, and entrepreneur who in his role of Head of Research spearheads the backbone of UBI Global efforts. Holger holds a Ph.D. in International Affairs and Political Science from The University of Georgia, USA and has previously taught University courses in the United States, France, and New Zealand and frequently presented his research at leading international conferences.